Surrey man who shot moose, left it to suffer is convicted, fined in court

Exposing the Big Game's avatarCommittee to Abolish Sport Hunting Blog

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/surrey-man-who-left-moose-to-suffer-before-death-is-convicted-fined-in-court

A Surrey man who illegally shot a moose in British Columbia’s southern Interior has been fined $10,000 after leaving the animal to suffer before it died. A file photo is shown here. BECKY BOHRER / THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

VICTORIA — A Surrey man who illegally shot a moose in B.C.’s southern Interior has been fined $10,000 after leaving the animal to suffer before it died.

The B.C. Conservation Officer Service says it began an investigation in November 2017 after the man from Surrey reported that he shot the bull the day before near Beaverdell.

The service says its officers determined the moose was left alive, but partly paralyzed, and evidence at the scene indicated the bull struggled extensively and suffered before its death.

The service says the man was convicted in a Kelowna provincial court last week on three WildlifeAct charges.

It says…

View original post 39 more words

3 thoughts on “Surrey man who shot moose, left it to suffer is convicted, fined in court

  1. I hate guns and the hunting “culture”

    From: Exposing the Big Game Reply-To: Exposing the Big Game Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 2:04 PM To: louise kane Subject: [New post] Surrey man who shot moose, left it to suffer is convicted, fined in court

    Exposing the Big Game posted: ” “

Leave a comment